Productivity Through People – Lancaster University Management School – places available
Following the successful launch of Productivity Through People in January Lancaster University management School (LUMS) are starting a second cohort in December. Productivity Through People is a twelve-month programme in partnership with three world class manufacturers; BAE Systems, Siemens and Rolls Royce, designed to support and invest in the manufacturers of tomorrow. Participants gain access to the latest techniques, thinking and research to transform their company’s productivity and working practices.
• This programme begins with a two-day overnight event to establish a peer network group which is fundamental to ongoing development. Following this delegates will spend 2-3 non-consecutive days away from the business per month during which they will experience:
• Workshops and masterclasses to stimulate and challenge
• Unparalleled access to world class manufacturing organisations and the leaders that have transformed the workplace
• Coaching from a highly experienced manager in a world class organisation
• Action learning sets to address business issues in a facilitated, confidential group setting
• Shadowing and exchanges within peer organisations to give fresh insights
• Benchmarking against peers and action planning for the future
• Online forums to share, discuss and assess resources
• The programme will be delivered primarily from the Academy for Skills and Knowledge (BAE Systems, Samlesbury, Preston), with some activity at Lancaster University Management School plus visits to world class manufacturing environments.
• Empower and engage front line staﬀ leading to better usage of skills and abilities - transforming management practice, developing leadership skills and adopting modern work practices delivered through a unique experiential learning programme.
• Develop a support network with other SME owner/ managers – collaborating with like-minded peers to build a more productive future together.
• Exposure to world class manufacturing environments – enabling you to formulate high-performance workplace strategies. Benchmark against best in class organisations and develop a measurable action plan for continuous improvement.
• Enhanced productivity and growth for businesses
• Creation of an open organisational culture that is positive, supportive and conducive to innovation and change develops business growth.
LUMS is holding a series of preview events in September and October, and they would like you to join them.
20th September @ Lancaster House Hotel, including a masterclass with Juergen Maier, Chief Executive Officer, Seimens UK – book your place
28th September @ BAE Systems Samlesbury, including a tour of the facilities – book your place
10th October @ Abbey House Hotel Barrow, including a talk by Mike Henry, Head of Operations, BAE Subsea – book your place
25th October @ Lancaster University – productivity panel discussion with industry experts, academics and regional SMEs
There are 24 places available to start in December and LUMS want as many manufacturing and engineering businesses to know about the programme. Pete Cornwall is always happy to answer any questions about the programme and how it could benefit business. His numbers are 01524 510728 & 07790556143.