Invitation for you to Meet BMT in Barrow
You and your team are invited to the second meeting of the Furness Energy Forum to “Meet BMT Defence Services,” part of BMT Group, on Wednesday 23rd November at the FEDF Offices Emlyn Hughes House, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 5PQ. This follows a highly successful Furness Energy Forum event held in September at which there was strong interest in organising further meetings at which local firms could engage with each other and with larger organisations.
The ‘Meet BMT’ lunchtime event on the 23rd takes the form of informal discussion, short presentations and an opportunity to experience first-hand BMT’s in-house virtual reality and visualisation solutions. Furness Economic Development Forum will also give an update on emerging developments with particular reference to the Foundations for the future programme at Barrow Mod’s investments at Faslane/Devonport , National Grid’s planned tunnel and 400kv powerlines, accommodation needs for incoming workers, and the offshore windfarm developments and plans for Furness Energy Forum activity in 2017.
Agenda and Programme
12.00-12.35 Welcome, lunch and virtual reality demonstrator showcase
12.35-12.50 Introduction from Furness Economic Development Forum
12.50-13.20 Introduction to BMT in defence, energy and transport
13.20-13.40 Questions to panel
13.40-14.30 Informal discussion, further virtual reality demonstrator experiences
Demonstrations by BMT on the 23rd will include
- an offshore renewables training-aid;
- an automotive manufacturing environment; as well as
- ship familiarisation simulations;
- helicopter familiarisation simulations.
The 23rd November gathering is designed to inform and develop the network of local firms and supply chain linkages with large national and international companies. Prior to the meeting you may wish to look at the BMT Defence website at http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/ and some of its case studies at http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/downloads/case-studies/ . Attached are two brief introductions to BMT to aid your discussions with its team next week.
BMT provide independent engineering consultancy, programme management, design and visualisation services to customers in the defence, energy and transport sectors. BMT has recently established an office in Barrow-in-Furness at Craven House in Michaelson Road, Barrow with one of their project partners, Allan Webb Ltd (www.allanwebb.co.uk )
This event will be of specific interest to businesses which are involved in supplying products and services or work on:
- large scale offshore renewable energy;
- oil and gas projects;
- transport modelling;
- infrastructure programmes;
- designing the latest in sophisticated production lines;
- marine power/propulsion http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/bmt-services/marine-power-and-propulsion/
BMT will be able to cover outline to businesses attending the event its expertise in:
• Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture and Systems Engineering
• Human Factors
• Visualisation & Augmented Reality
• Software Development http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/bmt-services/software-development/
• Project, Programme & Portfolio Management
• Safety, Environment & Risk Management
• Through-life Support Engineering and technical assurance http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/bmt-services/in-service-support/ http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/bmt-services/technical-assurance/
BMT will outline how it can support your future business needs and you will be able to inquire about its own supplier policy if you wish to supply to it.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
For more information and to register, please contact Stuart Klosinski on email@example.com before 16.00pm on 22nd November 2016.